What was the best present you have ever got?
This year for Christmas I was truly spoilt by my husband, kids and parents. My husband got me a gorgeous necklace with a little pendant that says "the best is yet to come". All I can say is TFFT! My daughter got me the coolest Harem pants amongst other things and my son .... well he got a part-time job so very pleased with that!
I've always felt that it's the thought that counts. A few years back I turned 50. My 50th birthday presents that stand out are the hand made cards the kids and hubby made me - seriously! The words were so heart felt with a touch of humour I couldn't have wished for more.
Some of my favourite gifts I've ever received are:
- I can't remember what album it was but it would have been in the 70's and it had tracks by Donny and Maree Osmond, The Jacksons and it was purple. God I loved that album
- My Tiffany's necklace I got from hubby for our 10th Wedding Anniversary - have loved Tiffany's ever since
- ALL the handmade cards my kids have ever written from Get Well Soon to Birthday cards. These gifts are just priceless
- My big brother bought me a Humpty Dumpty soft toy once when I had measles when I was about 8 - I can see that lovely fat fella now
- When I lived overseas for years my darling mama and papa would send us a box of gifts all the way from NZ. All with lots of love I know.
I think the best gifts are those that are a bit personal. The ones when someone opens them up and either has a little tear in their eye or makes them laugh out loud because the gift is so relatable.
One of our lovely customers said this Christmas that when her friends and family opened up their gifts she got from us they laughed and loved them. That gives us such a buzz and it shows she put thought into it.
Best gift for us? Making others happy!